Have you and your family been brainstorming ideas about how to have fun this summer? Today I’ll provide you with a list of free or inexpensive suggestions about how you can make the most of the season.
If you like the outdoors:
- Try taking the kids to the splash pad in the downtown waterfront area—it only costs $2!
- At Lake Louisa, there are nature trails, like the West Orange Trail, to hike as well as kayaks and canoes to rent.
- The Showcase of Citrus is another great opportunity for fun. There are places to take photos, take a ride in a huge 4×4 monster truck, see exotic animals, and, of course, you can try fresh-picked citrus. You can buy local jams and jellies right off of Highway 27.
- If you like, try the Lake Catherine Blueberries Farm, where you can pick in-season berries. As well as tasty berries, they have playgrounds, food trucks, and on Friday nights, they have a happy hour and live music.
- Be sure to check out the Winter Garden farmers market that takes place on Saturdays just off of Plant Street. If you can’t make it Saturday, Clermont also holds a farmers market on Sundays.
Now, perhaps you’re looking for something in the order of a date night—we’ve got you covered, too:
- Painting With a Twist and Plaster Cottage are great ideas for a date or a girl’s night out. You can paint creative designs as well as form and fire your own pottery.
- The historic Garden Theatre in Downtown Winter Garden is a great opportunity to grab a nice dinner and see a play.
- The Crooked Can & Plant Street Market contains a number of different shops and restaurants, making for a fun, laid-back atmosphere.
Hopefully this list gave you a few good ideas about how to enjoy the summer on your own, with your family, or with your significant other. If any other ideas or questions, send them my way! I hope to hear from you soon.