By Lee Sherrock, Executive Admin
The start of a new year is a great time to consider decluttering and getting organized! Whether it’s just the garage or the entire house, here are some tips to get started:
- Make a plan. It’s all too easy to get sidetracked when you’re going through stuff. Decide which areas you’re going to tackle and in what order, and then stick to the plan.
- Start with one small area, e.g. a linen closet or pantry. Getting even one small space in order helps keep you motivated until you’re ready to move on to the bigger spaces in your home.
- Be prepared to throw things away. If you haven’t used an item or worn a piece of clothing in a year and it’s just taking up space on a counter or in a closet, then it’s probably time to either find it a good home where it will be used regularly or toss it.
- Buy storage containers from the dollar store. The dollar store can be your best friend when you’re looking to stock up on bins and containers.
- Check out Pinterest for organization ideas. Looking for home organization inspiration? Pinterest has no shortage of tips and tricks for creating a clutter-free home that would make Marie Kondo proud.