Selling your home soon? Here are five ways to all but guarantee the success of your sale:
1. Have a professional home staging consultation. A professional home stager will take a good look at your home and offer you meaningful suggestions on how you can show it in its most favorable light.
2. Apply a fresh coat of paint throughout the home or, at the very least, touch up your baseboards to give your home a fresher look. As a bonus tip, you can try covering up little scuffs, nicks, and other imperfections on your walls and baseboards with a magic marker. If that doesn’t do the trick, it might be time for some new paint.
3. Deep clean your home. This means cleaning your windows, wiping down your window seals, dusting your ceiling fans, and just generally making sure that every nook and cranny of your home is neat and tidy. A well-maintained home will leave a positive impression on the buyers who come through.
4. Improve your home’s curb appeal. A buyer will stand at your front doorstep and size up your home’s exterior for three to five minutes before entering, and that small window of time is your one shot to create a strong first impression. Before you start welcoming buyers, knock down cobwebs in your entryway, plant some fresh flowers, re-mulch, and keep the grass trimmed. Painting your front door is also a nice touch.
5. Start pre-packing your belongings. Now’s a good time to start packing away smaller items, cleaning out your closets, and relocating as many personal effects from your home as possible. Buyers want to be able to imagine themselves living in your home, which can be difficult if they’re surrounded by your personal belongings during their visit. And think of it this way: Half the battle is packing and moving everything out, so once you go under contract with a buyer, you’ll have less work to do. And that’s a huge weight off your shoulders.
If you have any questions about this list or you’d like to know what your home is worth in today’s market, please feel free to reach out to us at 352-432-3200 or you can visit us online at BrandieSells.com. We look forward to helping you!